The Sensorimotor Research Lab
Welcome to the Sensorimotor Research Lab which is part of the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour at the Radboud University Nijmegen, and housed within the Donders Centre for Cognition. The objective of our research group is to elucidate the computational and neural strategies in human sensorimotor processing, using modeling, psychophysical and neuroimaging techniques. Our main focus is on how sensory information is transformed into spatial representations and motor actions and how different spatial and motor representations are updated and/or maintained during self-motion.
Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO)
Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
European Research Council (ERC)
Donders Centre for Cognition
Donders Centre for Neuroscience
- Gutteling TP, Schutter DJLG, Medendorp WP.Alpha-band transcranial alternating current stimulation modulates precision, but not gain during whole-body spatial updating. Neuropsychologi, in press
- Pomante A, Selen LPJ, Medendorp WP. Perception of the dynamic visual vertical during sinusoidal linear motion. J Neurophysiol. in press
- Tomassini A, Ambrogioni L, Medendorp WP, Maris E. Theta oscillations locked to intended actions rhythmically modulate perception.Elife, in prews
- Cooke JRH, Ter Horst AC, Van Beers RJ, Medendorp WP. Effect of depth information on multiple-object tracking in three dimensions: a probabilistic perspective. PloS Computational Biology, 13(7): e1005554, 2017
- Maij F, Wing AM, Medendorp WP. Afferent motor feedback determines the perceived location of tactile stimuli in external space presented to the moving arm. J Neurophysiol. 118(1):187-193, 2017
- Keyser J, Medendorp WP, Selen LP.Task-dependent vestibular feedback responses in reaching.J Neurophysiol. 118(1):84-92, 2017.
- Bakker RS, Weijer RH, van Beers RJ, Selen LP, Medendorp WP. Decisions in motion: passive body acceleration modulates hand choice. J Neurophysiol. 17(6):2250-2261, 2017.
- Medendorp WP, Selen LPJ. Vestibular contributions to high-level sensorimotor functions (review). Neuropsychologia, in press.
- Varma S, Takashima A, Krewinkel S, van Kooten M, Fu Medendorp WP, Kessels RPC, Daselaar SM. Non-Interfering Effects of Active Post-Encoding Tasks on Episodic Memory Consolidation in Humans. Front Behav Neurosci. 11:54, 2017.
- Clemens I, Selen LPJ, Pomante A, MacNeilage P, Medendorp WP. Eye-movements in darkness modulate self-motion perception. eNeuro, 4(1), 2017.
- Medendorp WP, de Brouwer AJ, Smeets JB.Dynamic representations of visual space for perception and action (review). Cortex, in press.