ELLIS Doctoral Symposium - AI for Good
- Monday 19 September 2022 until Friday 23 September 2022Add to my calendar
In cooperation with the ELLIS PhD Program, the ELLIS Unit Alicante is organizing the second ELLIS Doctoral Symposium (EDS), which is set to take place from September 19th to 23rd, 2022, in Alicante. The symposium will give young researchers from the European machine learning community an opportunity to discuss their research, network with leading machine learning experts, and interact with each other at social events.
The theme of this year’s ELLIS Doctoral Symposium is AI for Good, and will host several keynote speakers working on topics such as data for good, climate, health, and fairness. The symposium will host 200 PhD students from the ELLIS network who will present their ongoing research during workshops, poster sessions and tooling sessions. Participants will also have the opportunity to interact with senior researchers.
Among the invited speakers and panellists are:
- Virginia Dignum (Umeå University)
- Veronika Eyring (German Aerospace Center)
- Emilia Gómez (Joint Research Centre, European Commission & Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Emmanuel Letouzé (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Christopher Markou (University of Cambridge)
- Nuria Oliver (ELLIS Unit Alicante)
- Mihaela van der Schaar (University of Cambridge).
PhD students in the ELLIS network interested in attending should apply by May 20th. The event is open to ELLIS PhDs and postdocs, as well as PhDs of ELLIS Fellows/Scholars/Members, but is limited to 200 participants. Participants are expected to present a poster or prepare a tooling session with a strong machine learning component.
You can register for this event here.