The Radboud University cares for durability. Follow this link to see how. (Site all in Dutch.)
Environmental Policy Objectives Department of Animal Ecology and Physiology.
In the context of the Environmental Policy targets 2014-2017 of Radboud University Nijmegen the department adheres the theme “Common Sustainability” with the following aims and actions:
1. Decreasing electricity consumption of research equipment. (Target: -5% per year.)
- Shut down machines if not in use; put off the light in rooms not in use.
- When replacing electric equipment and lights check energy labels (preferably A+/A++ labels).
2. Decreasing electricity consumption by computers. (Target: -5% per year.)
- PC’s at least in ‘Sleep’, better shut down when not in use.
- When buying new PC’s check for energy saving components.
3. Concentrate attention on sorted waste disposal.
- Chemicals in line with directives and environmental guidelines.
- Sorted disposal of plastics.
- Sorted disposal of paper and cardboard.
- Sorted disposal of glass and glassware.
4. Careful efficient planning of experiments to reduce consumables, chemicals and waste volume in general.
5. Reduce printing as much as possible; use digital documents where/when possible, use pdf-formatting, consider using double-sided printing and use (unused sides of) scrap paper and environmentally friendly paper products. (Target: -10% per year.)