- How far along in your studies do I need to be?
No strict requirements but any experience you bring will count in your advantage. The purpose of the team is to learn new things together so don’t hesitate to get in touch if in doubt.
- Can my contribution to the student team double as an BSc or MSc project?
- Do I need to be an astrophysics student?
Only if you want it to count as an astrophysics MSc or BSc project.
- Do I need to be a RU student?
- Can I join the team at any time in the year?
Yes, although it is preferable to start at the beginning of a semester.
- How do I join the team?
See under “Applications”
- Which project/tasks are currently open for applications?
Due to the nature of the projects this changes frequently. Get in touch and we will let you know.
- Can I choose which project to work on?
To some extent. The student team is self-organizing so tasks are divided after joining so you definitely have some influence over this.
- What pre-existing knowledge/skill do I need to bring?
The purpose of the project is to learn on the job and from each other.
- How much time do I need to invest to participate?
At least 0.1fte but preferably more
- I’m considering to apply but I still have other questions
That’s understandable. Send us a message and we will answer any further questions you may have