Doing an internship
An internship is a suitable way to explore the professional field, to put theory into practice and to gain insight into your own qualities. After an internship you will know more about your own capacities, wishes and ambitions. You also know what it is like to work within an organization. Are you curious about the best place to look for an internship? Or do you want help with your application?At Career Service you will find information about preparing and searching for internships.
More information can be found in the internships handout. Do you want to get started with internships? Then look at the offer below.
What Career Service has to offer
Do you want to orientate yourself on your career or apply for a job?
Students and recent graduates can contact Career Service for this! We help you through:
Brightspace toolbox Career Orientation
What is it?
In the free online e-learning Career Orientation you go through the application process from A to Z on the basis of practical knowledge clips, tests, exercises, handouts and checklists. This way you get a clearer answer to the questions: who am I, what can I do, what do I want and how do I get there? You can go through the entire course or just a single part such as the CV. This way you can get started online at your own time and pace developing your application skills, such as:
- gaining insight into your qualities through a number of tests
- orientate on your career options
- learn to introduce yourself
- create a powerful resume or LinkedIn profile
- writing an attractive motivation letter
- preparing for your job interview.
How do I get there?
If your faculty is not listed below, the course is already available in your Brightspace. Students from the faculties below can add the course to their Brightspace via the corresponding (osiris) course code:
Only accessible for specific courses
- Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies:
Not available yet (will be available soon)
- Faculty of Arts:
LET-LETM001 (Only needed for Bachelor students, already available for (pre-)master students)
We have the following workshops to offer:
- Job wanted! Where to find vacancies?
- Motivation letter
- Job interview
- From your success story to your dream job (writing your personal profile)
- Terms of employment conversation
- Dare to choose
- LinkedIn en networking
- Radboud Career Day13 April 2023
- Workshop Cover letter | Radboud Career Service19 April 2023
- Workshop How to succeed in (online) job interviews | Radboud Career Service24 April 2023
- Workshop Employment conditions | Radboud Career Service23 May 2023
Additional activities at your faculty
Appointment Career Officer
Do you have a question about your career or would you like to have your motivation letter or CV checked? For personal advice, make an appointment with the Career Officer of your faculty.
Vacancy platform Career Central
Career Central is the community for everything the university has to offer besides and after your studies. We help you with relevant side jobs and internships during your studies, but we also help you on your way to your first job and in your career. By bringing you into contact with former students who are happy to help you with your questions about the professional field, by offering guidance even after graduation and by listing the best vacancies for you.