CLS & Society
Language and the ways in which we use it has a huge impact on society as a whole. That’s why we work together with civil society organisations, businesses and other stakeholders on research and innovation projects. Results of our research include widely accessible datasets and corpora, improved methods for automatic speech recognition, and award-winning e-Learning systems. These and other results are applied in areas as diverse as language teaching, e-government, and health communication.
Through requests commissioned by both societal and business partners, CLS research contributes to issues currently facing society.
What can we do for you?
- Bring scientific research to society
- Commissioned research
- Project development and participation in research
- Research Infrastructure and Labs
Current national societal partners include:
- RIVM - National institute for public health and the environment
- Cito - Central institute for test development
- Taalunie - Knowledge and policy organisation for the Dutch language
Want to know more about what we can do for your organisation? Interested in collaborating with CLS researchers? Please do not hesitate to contact:
Marijn Gielen, knowledge transfer-officer