What does our DNA tell us? Lecture on Genetics and Developmental Language Disorders (DLD) (Lecture)
- Thursday 23 March 2023Add to my calendar
- from 14:30
Senaatszaal (Comeniuslaan 2)
Radboud TOS Fonds
Please note that this lecture is in Dutch.
On Thursday, 23 March 23, we would like to welcome you to campus for an lecture about the scientific research focused on detecting developmental language disorders (DLD) as early as possible. Our researchers will be happy to tell you more about their research.
14.30: Reception with a cup of coffee and/or tea
15.00: Start programme
- We kick off with Paula Fikkert, professor of first language acquisition at Radboud University.
- Then we listen to Else Eising, postdoctoral researcher at Language and Genetics Department of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
- Miloe Kennis (physician-researcher Clinical Genetics) and Lot Snijders Blok (Clinical Geneticist) of the Radboudumc tell us more about the study GenTOS; what does our DNA tell us? They update you on the latest results of genetic research in children with TOS, and what this can mean for current practice and for the future.
- Finally, Tessel Boerma (researcher at the Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS at the University Medical Center Utrecht) will tell you more about the language skills of children with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome and the implications for children with TOS.
16.20: Q&A with the experts
16.30: Plenary closing
Please register for the lecture via the link below.