|Issues in International Management||LET-CIWM436||5||X|
Data collection & analysis
|Global corporate communication||LET-CIWM438||5||X|
|IBC: Internship & Communication Consultancy *||LET-CIWM437||10||X|
|Elective * *||5|
* The Internship is an optional element of the programme. Instead, you can choose a combination of elective courses, with a total workload of 10 ec (see options for elective courses below). N.B. If you choose not to do the Internship but electives instead, make sure you let the programme coordinator (IBC) know.
** You should choose one elective (at least 5 ec, level: Master): this is an obligatory element of your degree programme.
There are four options:
- Electives in our department (Communication and Information Studies or CIS): If you follow the IBC track, you can opt for: the C&B course CIW414 Communicatie, gedrag en beïnvloeding, the C&B course CIW411 Communicatie, identiteit en reputatie, the C&B course CIWM471 Communication Practices in the Digital Society and the C&B course CIWM473 Strategic storytelling. You can register for these courses in Osiris. If you have any questions about course registration, contact the Student Information Point (STIP).
- Electives in another Arts Faculty department at RU: You could also opt for an elective offered elsewhere within the Arts Faculty. Most master programmes offer electives that CIS students can follow under all conditions. Others may require you to fulfill certain prerequisites. Whether a course can be followed as an elective (with or without prerequisites) is usually mentioned in the online course description of the course. If this is not clear to you, however, check with the Examination Board of the programme that offers the course you want to follow to be sure what the conditions are, and whether you can take part. Once you know you can take part, you can register for the course(s) in Osiris. If you have any questions about course registration, contact the Student Information Point (STIP).
- Electives in the department of Communication Studies (Faculty of Social Sciences) at RU: If you follow any of the two CIS master tracks (C&B or IBC), you can opt for electives offered by the department of Communication Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences:
|Media en consumptiecultuur||CWM010||5||1|
Entertainment-media en welzijn
|Journalistiek en samenleving in transitie||CWM030||5||1|
|De informatie-professional: theorie en praktijk||CWM040||5||1|
|Current theories of persuasion and resistance (Engels)||CWM050||5||1|
|Innovaties in communicatie||CWM070||5||2|
|Young consumers (Engels)||CWM090||5||2|
N.B. Only a limited number of places are available for these courses. Contact Susanne Samuelsz (email@example.com) to request admittance to the course(s). After approval, you will be registered for the course(s) in Osiris by the department of Communication Science (Faculty of Social Sciences). In other words, you do not need to register yourself.
- Other electives: You may wish to opt for an elective offered by another faculty at RU (e.g. Management or Law) or by another university. To see what courses are on offer, consult the online study guides of the different faculties and universities.
N.B. For courses that fall under options 2. and 4. above, you will need to get approval from both your (CIS) programme coordinator and from the Examination Board of the department that offers the elective. Once you have approval and permission to take part, you can register for the course(s) in Osiris. If you have any questions about course registration, contact the administrative staff of the department where you want to follow a course.