Admission requirements and exemption regulations
Because the pre-selection the deadlines differ from the university ones, please visit the website for the correct dates.
Outstanding bachelor's students who do not meet the academic prerequisites can submit a written request for admission to the Board of Examiners. The board may impose additional entry requirements before granting admission.
- A letter stating your motivation (approx. 300 words) and curriculum vitae; in the first you state your relevant skills, your motivation, the field of expertise in which you want to specialise and your own intended prospects for the future (including the contact information of one referee).
- Certified copies of relevant diplomas (BA/ MA), including an official summary of courses and grades.
- The results of your English proficiency test. For specification on the conditions visit the Masters website.
- A copy of your passport or id-card.
- A copy of your BA thesis (or, if applicable, your MA thesis)
- A letter of recommendation from your BA thesis supervisor (or another teacher) should be send by her/him or presented in a sealed envelope.
Send your application and the accompanying documents by email (preferably in one PDF-file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Dutch students are asked to send in the documents in English. The interview will be held in Dutch.
The Admissions Committee will review your application and determine whether you meet the acceptance criteria. Suitable candidates will be invited to an interview to establish whether they are sufficiently qualified to participate in the programme. Additional admission requirements may be imposed at the discretion of the committee.
The Admissions Committee for the HLCS research masters consists of:
Dr. B. Adriaensen
Dr. M. Gieskes
Prof. dr. M. Monteiro
Prof. dr. M. Depourcq