Programme of Molecular Chemistry
For the Master of Science in Chemistry the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. a specialisation related major comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC*
- specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 EC
These 59 EC include
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (47-53 EC)
- NWI-MOL601: a literature thesis (6 EC)
- optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC)
- scientific master courses: 12 EC. To be approved by the examination board. Courses from the Faculty of Science are by default approved.
B. a free minor programme: 24 EC
This minor programme may contain a second internship (NWI-MOL502A) and/or a package of courses in another discipline
*One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from the specialisations Physical Chemistry or Chemistry for Life.