Programme of Science and Education
The master specialisation Science and Education (EDU) consists of two years.
Formally, during the first year of your master, you will follow the courses and activities belonging to the Master's programme in Physics and Astronomy. In your second year you start with the courses and activities attributed to EDU. These courses you will follow with students from the entire faculty who are enrolled in this specialisation.
The requirements for the programme of Physics and Astronomy consists of the following programme-specific components and associated work and study load:
|A.||Electives Physics and Astronomy||20 EC|
|B.||Master Thesis Physics and Astronomy||30 EC|
|D.||Professional Preparation||1 EC|
|E.||Free electives||6 EC|
|F.||EDU specific programme||60 EC|
A. Electives Physics and Astronomy (20 EC)
- Required electives (20 EC), to be chosen from Physics and Astronomy Master's courses.
- In order to be able to conduct a research project at master level it is recommended to choose the electives in consultation with the prospective thesis supervisor.
- Courses arranged by field of research can be found here:
- Part of your elective course programme (9-15 EC) can take the form a minor in Computational and Data Science.
- The Educational tour can also be used as an elective course within your Master's.
B. Master thesis Physics and Astronomy (30 EC)
C. Philosophy course (3 EC)
D. Professional Preparation (1 EC)
E. Free electives (6 EC)
Free electives can be chosen from any specialisation or programme, not necessarily within Physics and Astronomy.
F. EDU specific programme (60 EC)