Programme of Neuroscience
In 2019-2020 there will be two additional neuroscience programmes: Neurobiology and Neurophysics. The programmes of these can now be found in the Medical Biology and in the Physics master's prospectuses.
For the Master's of Science in Science the complete 120 EC programme of the Neuroscience specialisation consists of:
A. compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC
- NWI-BM044B Systems Neuroscience
- NWI-BM053B Behavioural Neuroscience
- NWI-BM059 Systematic reviews in Neuroscience
- NWI-NM103B Methods in Neuroscience
One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from another research specialisation available for Science students.
B. Research internships: 89 EC
You need to do two internships with a multidisciplinary character. The internships should focus on different disciplines. One of the internships should be related to your specialisation. This internship can be 59 EC or 45 EC.
The specialisation-related internship includes:
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (39-59 EC).
- Optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC).
The second internship should be in another discipline and can be 30 EC or 44 EC. This internship contains:
- NWI-MOL502A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (24-44 EC).
- Optional courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC).
C. NWI-MOL412 Career orientation: 1 EC
D. Scientific Master's electives: 6 EC
To be approved by the Examination Board. Courses offered at the Faculty of Science are automatically approved.
E. Free electives: 6 EC
F. Philosophy course: 3 EC.