Programme of Physical Chemistry
For the Master's of Science in Science the complete 120 EC programme of the Physical Chemistry specialisation consists of:
A. compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC
- NWI-MOL407 Materials Science
- NWI-MOL408 Physical Chemistry of Molecular Aggregates
- NWI-MOL409 Advanced Spectroscopy
- NWI-SM297 Molecular Modelling or: NWI-MOL406 Quantum Chemistry
One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from another research specialisation available for Science students.
B. Research internships: 89 EC
You need to do two internships with a multidisciplinary character. The internships should focus on different disciplines. One of the internships should be related to your specialisation. This internship can be 59 EC or 45 EC.
The specialisation-related internship includes:
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (33-53 EC).
- NWI-MOL601: a literature thesis (6 EC). The thesis should be related to the specialisation, but on a different topic than the internship.
- Optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC).
The second internship should be in another discipline and can be 30 EC or 44 EC. This internship contains:
- NWI-MOL502A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (24-44 EC).
- Optional courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC).
C. NWI-MOL412 Career orientation: 1 EC
D. Scientific Master's electives: 6 EC
To be approved by the Examination Board. Courses offered at the Faculty of Science are automatically approved.
E. Free electives: 6 EC
F. Philosophy course: 3 EC.