Corona and your PTRS programme
This page contains information sent by email to FTR students regarding distance learning and exams, as well as links to websites where you will find further content and information on technical matters, along with other assistance and information.
Questions? Read here where you can go for a question about...
- Study progress: please contact your student advisor if you have questions about your study progress. You can always contact your student advisor via email, but a Skype appointment is also possible.
- Personal problems or worries: you can also contact your student advisor for this in this first instance. Student Support also offers a wide range of support and recommendations regarding the coronavirus crisis. You could also contact the Student Chaplaincy for an online meeting or to contemplate and reflect.
- Registering for/cancelling education and examination, certification and other questions about your study: you can contact the Student Information Point (STIP) of the faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies: email@example.com for this. The STIP is available via email the whole week.
- Feedback, complaints or problems with remote education and examination: mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your email will be treated confidentially and will be sent directly to the right person within the faculty.
- Technical problems: you can contact Radboud University’s ICT helpdesk to help you out.
- Internships: you can contact the faculty’s Career Service or contact email@example.com directly for this.
- Study abroad: you can contact the faculty’s International Office or send an email to Internationaloffice@ftr.ru.nl.
- Moving up from Bachelor's to Master's: the regulations for moving up from Bachelor's to Master's in the academic year 2020-2021 have been relaxed. For more information about regulations please visit this page.
- Deadlines for registration: the deadlines for registration for the academic year 2020-2021 have been changed. For more information about the change, please visit:
- Financial compensation:
Please visit the DUO website for more information about compensation: https://duo.nl/particulier/measures-coronavirus/index.jsp
or check the possibilities for financial support of the Radboud University: https://www.ru.nl/currentstudents/during-your-studies/overview-counsellors-advisors/financial-support/
Purchase (mobile) device for education
A significant part of the education of the Radboud University will be given online during the next semester and many exams will be administered remotely. It is expected that online classes and exams will remain part of the study programme after this semester.
In order to attend the full study programme, it is important that your laptop meets the following requirements:
- Windows 10 or Mac OS Catalina
- Intel i5 processor (or comparable: AMD ryzen 5)
- 8 GB internal storage
- 256 GB SSD storage
- Internet connection
- 13 inch display
- Sufficient battery life
It is possible to buy devices via www.surfspot.nl, a non-profit IT web shop with a discount for students on, among other, hardware. Of course, you can also buy your devices somewhere else. Students can download the internet protection package F-secure via SURFspot for free.
If it is financially impossible for you to purchase a device, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to find a solution together.