Structure of the curriculum
Master's specialisation in Theology (1 year)
The Master's specialisation in Theology (1 year) is a taught degree that has a course load of 60 European Credits (EC). Each MA course is worth 10 credits and the MA Thesis is worth 20 credits.
Each specialisation offers:
- 1 seminar in the field of your own specialisation (10 EC)
- 1 seminar in one of the other Theology specialisations (10 EC)*
- 1 specialisation tutorial (10 EC)
- 1 (interdisciplinary) elective course or internship (10 EC) – Students may select one of the following options:
- an MA course in any programme of Philosophy, Theology, or Religious Studies (pre-requisites may apply)
- an MA course from another discipline offered at Radboud University (pre-requisites may apply)
- an Internship Theology
- Summer Courses
- Work Study
- Optional stay abroad
- MA Thesis (including workshop MA Thesis) (20 EC) – an individual research project selected by the student and supervised by one of our academic staff members
* this does not apply to the specialisation Biblical Exegesis, in which this element is replaced by Hebrew and Greek (5 EC each) as mandatory courses in the programme.