Transition rules Computing Science second year
As described in the programme overview, there is a new specialisation set-up in the curriculum as of year two. The following courses have changed quarter in order to accommodate for this new set-up:
- NWI-IBC003 Computability has moved from Q2 to Q3.
- NWI-IBC025 Semantics and Correctness has moved from Q1 to Q3.
- NWI-IBC028 Complexity has moved from Q3 to Q4
- NWI-IBC041 New Devices Lab has moved from Q3-4 to Q1-2.
If you still need to complete one of these courses in an older curriculum, you can take them in their new quarter.
In addition, the following changes and transition rules apply:
- In the mandatory programme, NWI-IBC021 Networks and Distributed Systems (6 EC) has been merged with one of the Security courses, NWI-IBC022 Network Security (3 EC) to form a new course: NWI-IBC048 Networks and Security (6 EC). As the content has also been merged to a course that is now 6 EC, the new course is not entirely equivalent to either of the original courses.
For the original courses, one final exam opportunity ("bezemtoets") will be arranged in the fall semester.Please contact the course coordinator of the new course, Pol van Aubel, before October 1st if you need to take (one of) these exam(s).
- The course NWI-IBC038 Privacy and Identity has been removed from the second year. It will be merged with NWI-IBC037 Law for Computer Scientists, and will be moved to the third year (NWI-IBC048 Law, Privacy and Identity, offered as of 2021-2022).
In 2020-2021 there will be one final exam opportunity (planning to be determined) for students who still need to complete the course NWI-IBC038 Privacy and Identity with its original content. Please contact course coordinator Frederik Zuiderveen Borgesius before October 1st if you need to take this exam.
The overview of changes and transition rules is listed below.
|Course /old quarter
||Course /new quarter
|NWI-IBC003 Computability (Q2)||NWI-IBC003 Computability (--> Q3)|
|NWI-IBC026 Semantics and Correctness (Q1)||NWI-IBC026 Semantics and Correctness (--> Q3)|
|NWI-IBC028 Complexity (Q3)||NWI-IBC028 Complexity (--> Q4)|
|NWI-IBC041 New Devices Lab (Q3-4)||NWI-IBC041 New Devices Lab (--> Q1-2)|
|NWI-IBC021 Networks and Distributed Systems (6 EC), Q3-4
NWI-IBC022 Networks Security (3 EC), Q4
NWI-IBC048 Networks and Security (6 EC), (Q3-4)
For both original courses, one final exam opportunity ("bezemtoets") will be organized in the fall semester of 2020. Please contact course coordinator Pol van Aubel before October 1st if you need to take this final opportunity.
If, after that, you still have not completed (one of) these courses, it is likely that you will need to take (part of) the new course, to be supplemented with additional assignments or courses to reach the required ec. This will be determined at a later stage, if necessary (please contact your study advisor if this applies to you).
|NWI-IBC038 Privacy and Identity (3 EC) has been dropped from the second year. Its contents will be merged with NWI-IBC037 Law for Computer Scientists to be offered as a new course NWI-IBC047 Law, Privacy and Identity (3 EC) in the third year, as of 2021-2022.||There will be a final exam opportunity ("bezemkans") for students who started in 2018 or before and who still need to complete NWI-IBC038 Privacy and Identity in their programme. Please contact course coordinator Frederik Zuiderveen Borgesius before October 1st if you need to take this exam.|