Programme of Adaptive Organisms
We are working on solutions for hybrid education that will take place online and on campus. Therefore the instructional modes, number of exams, the form of the exams and/or assignments may change. You will be informed through Brightspace in case of changes. The course information in the Course guide provides an indication of what you can expect in the course.
In the case of not being able to attend one or more practical courses/lab days due to corona measures, the course coordinator will decide if the student is obligated to re-take the missed meeting and how this will take place.
The Master’s specialisation in Adaptive Organisms consists of:
- 15 EC mandatory courses:
- 6 EC Review Article (NWI-BM-REVIEWART)
- 6 EC Research Proposal (NWI-BM-RESPROP)
Review article can be replaced by Field Course Alpine Ecology (NWI-BM040B)
Research proposal can be replaced by Field Course Ireland (NWI-BM048B)
(NB: both field courses are offered in alternating years)
2 internships, 72 EC in total:
- NWI-BM-STAGE1 (1x 36EC)
- NWI-BM-STAGE2 (1x 36EC)
- 18 EC free space for optional courses or extension of internships (6 EC max.)
Choose at least one course from the EER (https://www.ru.nl/courseguides/science/rules-requests/education-regulations/), article 7.2a, clause 2. 6 EC is completely free, and the remaining EC should be filled with academic courses within the field of natural sciences. If you want more information on a course, check out the course description via the course finder.
- 3 EC Philosophy course, see the EER (https://www.ru.nl/courseguides/science/rules-requests/education-regulations/), article 7.2a Limited Choice Electives. the Philosophy courses are listed in the second table. The Philosophy courses are also shown in the visual overview of the Master's programme, see below.
- 0 EC NWI-BM054B Master Portfolio Biosciences
For a visual overview of the Master's programme click here