Courses offered by Particle and Astrophysics
We are working on solutions for hybrid education that will take place online and on campus. Therefore the instructional modes, number of exams, the form of the exams and/or assignments may change. You will be informed through Brightspace in case of changes. The course information in the Course guide provides an indication of what you can expect in the course.
In the case of not being able to attend one or more practical courses/lab days due to corona measures, the course coordinator will decide if the student is obligated to re-take the missed meeting and how this will take place.
Below you will find all elective courses offered by Particle and Astrophysics sorted by semester:
|Non-scheduled courses that can be taken throughout the year:|
|NWI-NM027C Telescope Observing (2 EC)5|
|NIKHEF Topical Lectures4 (1 EC)|
|CERN Summer Student Programme3|
* This course can be taken on request in the first semester. Contact the lecturer before the start of the academic year to make arrangements.
2. This course is taught biennially
3. The number of EC points to be assigned to the CERN Summer Student Programme depends on the length of the programme, being given by 6 EC + (number of weeks minus 6)/2 EC rounded down to an integer. The full extent of the programme corresponds to 9 EC. Please contact Prof. dr S.J. de Jong or Prof. dr N. de Groot for more information.
4. EC for each 3-day event, 3 times per year
5. This course is only open to students who started their Master in or before the academic year 2018-2019