Programme of Science and Education starting year 2019 or earlier
We are working on solutions for hybrid education that will take place online and on campus. Therefore the instructional modes, number of exams, the form of the exams and/or assignments may change. You will be informed through Brightspace in case of changes. The course information in the Course guide provides an indication of what you can expect in the course.
In the case of not being able to attend one or more practical courses/lab days due to corona measures, the course coordinator will decide if the student is obligated to re-take the missed meeting and how this will take place.
The master specialisation Science and Education (EDU) consists of two years.
For students who started the specialisation Science and Education in 2019 or before, the first year of the master's programme contains physics and/or astronomy specific components (A.-E.) The second year is organised by the Radboud Docenten Academie (RDA) (F.):
|A.||Electives Physics and Astronomy||20 EC|
|B.||Master Thesis Physics and Astronomy||30 EC|
|D.||Professional Preparation||1 EC|
|E.||Free electives||6 EC|
|F.||EDU specific programme||60 EC|
A. Electives Physics and Astronomy (20 EC)
- Required electives (20 EC), to be chosen from Physics and Astronomy Master's courses.
- In order to be able to conduct a research project at master level it is recommended to choose the electives in consultation with the prospective thesis supervisor.
- Courses arranged by field of research can be found here:
- Part of your elective course programme (9-15 EC) can take the form a minor in Computational and Data Science.
- The Educational tour can also be used as an elective course within your Master's.
B. Master thesis Physics and Astronomy (30 EC)
C. Philosophy course (3 EC)
D. Professional Preparation (1 EC)
E. Free electives (6 EC)
Free electives can be chosen from any specialisation or programme, not necessarily within Physics and Astronomy.
F. EDU specific programme (60 EC)