Types of minors
There are three types of minors:
A thematic minor is a package of related courses that helps you expand or deepen your knowledge about a current societal theme. Every thematic minor consists of three fixed components:
- a theme course (5 EC), in which you will get an introduction to the theme of the minor with the aim of laying a theoretical foundation, which you will then use in the Academia and Society course and the think tank.
- a course Academia and Society (5 EC), in which you will discuss relevant social debates related to the theme of the minor, also in relation to the labour market.
- a think tank (10 EC), in which you will conduct research on behalf of a company or institution in a group of six to eight students. You can also choose to do an internship or conduct faculty research.
Please note: You must have passed the theme course to be able to participate in the think tank. More information about (the concept of) a think tank can be found here.
These fixed components (20 EC) are complemented by electives (20 EC), where you can choose between two options:
- You can choose courses from the interdisciplinary package of your minor for a total of 20 EC. In this package you will find courses from the Faculty of Arts (as well as from other faculties of Radboud University) that allow you to focus on specific aspects of the theme of your minor.
- You can choose a disciplinary package, in which you choose courses of another Bachelor’s programme than your own for a total of 20 EC.
For more information and an overview of the thematic minors, click here.
Study Abroad minor (40 EC)
If you choose the study abroad minor, you will follow courses of 25 EC in total at a foreign university. During this period, you will also follow the course Study abroad: Academia and Society (5 EC) online.
The last 10 EC are earned by participating in the Think Tank: Study Abroad, in which you will conduct research on behalf of a company or institution in a group of six to eight students. You can also choose to do an internship or conduct faculty research.
Here you can read more about the study abroad minor.
Teacher-training minor (40 EC; only in Dutch)
You follow courses of 30 EC in total at the Radboud Docenten Academie (RDA), which includes an internship at a secondary school. In the second semester you take 10 EC of electives.
You can read more about the teacher-training minor here.