Procedure for registration of Biology Bachelor internships
The registration of your internship will go via Osiris Cases (Osiris Zaak). It is therefore not possible to directly register for the course in Osiris.
Some weeks before your internship:
- Start a Case in Osiris. Instructions can be found here (pdf, 463 kB).
- Contact your examiner as soon as possible and fill out the form. You will be asked to provide details such as the name and email address of your first and second supervisor (examiner)*, and to upload an internship plan using the template (see Bachelor Internship Forms) which describes the subject, criteria, and the time frame (1/2 to max. 1 page). If you are doing a sustainable internship and want to apply for a Sustainability Testimony (more information can be found here) then you need to add a motivation form to the internship plan (see also Forms).
Note: the internship plan / proposal should be uploaded 4 weeks before the start of the internship.
- Importantly, your internship proposal needs to be approved in Osiris Cases the latest two weeks after the start of your internship.
Your internship starts:
- Halfway through your Bachelor-internship, you should ask for a midterm review. For this review, you may use the evaluation forms that you can find here: Bachelor Internship forms
- Once you have completed your report, please upload the final version to http://thesissubmission.science.ru.nl.**
- Your examiner* will receive the document by email. Once your first and second supervisors have assessed your report, they will hand in your grade to the administration. You can then look up your final grade in Osiris.
*The examiner of an internal and external internship is always a RU-examiner and has the final responsibility. The second supervisor/reviewer has to be a RU-approved examiner. For external internships this may be an external examiner. He/she only evaluates the report. In the case of an external internship with a daily supervisor (at the external company/university) who isn't an approved examiner, he/she discusses the internship with the first supervisor at the RU.
** When internship and/or thesis is confidential, the content cannot be shared by other parties and therefore you must have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). When you need to upload the internship report/thesis, you can choose whether your report/thesis is part of an NDA or not. If yes, your report/thesis is stored confidentially on the faculty servers and no plagiarism check is performed. When the company/university you are doing your internship/thesis at does not agree with storage on the faculty servers, a ‘Declaration of storage of thesis for Review committee’ must be uploaded instead of your report/thesis (this declaration can be found by your supervisor (examiner) under 'Forms' on Radboudnet). In this form, the company/university declares that the thesis/report will be stored for 5 years and will only be (confidentially) shared for possible review by the Examination Board.
If you have any questions or remarks regarding your internship, please contact the internship coordinators (Ilse Arnoldussen and Tina Reilink), via email@example.com .