Master's programme after BSc in Molecular Life Sciences
After finishing your bachelor's programme in Molecular Life Sciences you have various choices to continue in a master's programme: You can for instance go to another university in the Netherlands or abroad to specialize in a field that is not available in Nijmegen. In this case you will probably have to apply for admission and check the requirements of that master's programme.
The following specializations are available in Nijmegen:
- Specializations master's programme Molecular Sciences:
- Chemistry of Life (CoL)
- Molecular Chemistry*
- Physical Chemistry*
- Medicinal Chemistry (MedChem)
- SIS, SMI, Education (teaching degree in chemistry).
* Master MLS students are not directly admitted to the specializations Molecular Chemistry and Physical Chemistry. Please contact your student advisor if you want to do one of these specializations.
- Specializations master's programme Medical Biology:
- Medical Epigenomics (ME)
- Human Biology (HB)
- Neurobiology (NB)
- SIS, SMI, Education** (biology).
**Master Med. Biology students cannot be directly admitted to the Education specialization. Please contact your student advisor or the student advisor of the Radboud Teachers Academy if you want to do the Education specialization.
In order to be admitted to the master's programme in Medical Biology, you need to fulfill the admission requirements: you need have followed at least 5 medical biological courses in your differentiation phase, see below.
Admission to the master's programme MLS or Molecular Sciences is automatic with a BSc in MLS.
Admission requirements to the master's programme in Medical Biology:
You need to have passed 30 ec (5 courses) from this list:
- NWI-BB023B Animal Cell Biology
- NWI-BB017C Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II
- NWI-BB085B Brain and Behaviour
- NWI-BB081B Cognitive Neuroimaging
- NWI-BB048B Endocrinology
- NWI-BB064B Functional Genomics
- NWI-BB086 Genomics for Health and Environment
- NWI-BB047C Human Embriology and Developmental Biology
- NWI-BB025B Human Pathology
- NWI-BB019B Immunology
- NWI-MOL104 Medical Biotechnology
- NWI-BB084B Molecular Principles of Development
- NWI-BB034B Neurobiology
- NWI-BB021B Neurobiophysics
- NWI-BB039C Neurodevelopment
- NWI-BB080B Neurophys. of Cognition and Behaviour
- NWI-BB063B Neuroscience: from Basis to Clinic
- NWI-BB065B Pathophysiology of the Kidney
- MED-MIN16 Translational neuroscience