Programme of Molecular Chemistry
We are working on solutions for hybrid education that will take place online and on campus. Therefore the instructional modes, number of exams, the form of the exams and/or assignments may change. You will be informed through Brightspace in case of changes. The course information in the Course guide provides an indication of what you can expect in the course.
In the case of not being able to attend one or more practical courses/lab days due to corona measures, the course coordinator will decide if the student is obligated to re-take the missed meeting and how this will take place.
Please note that this master's programme is no longer available for new students. New master's students can start the new programme of Molecular Sciences.
For the Master of Science in Chemistry the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. a specialisation related major comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC*
- specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 EC
These 59 EC include
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (47-53 EC)
- NWI-MOL601: a literature thesis (6 EC)
- optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC)
- scientific master courses: 12 EC. To be approved by the examination board. Courses from the Faculty of Science are by default approved.
B. a free minor programme: 24 EC
This minor programme may contain a second internship (NWI-MOL502A) and/or a package of courses in another discipline
*One of the 15 EC compulsory courses may be interchanged with a course from the specialisations Physical Chemistry or Chemistry for Life.