Admission requirements and regulations for exemptions
Admission requirements for students with a Dutch university Bachelor’s degree
Students with a Bachelor’s degree from the Radboud University can be admitted if they have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Arificial Intelligence with the minor Business Administration for students of Computing Science (Bedrijfskunde voor Informatici);
- a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Bedrijfskunde) with the minor Computing and Information Science for Business Administration (Informatica en Informatiekunde voor Bedrijfskunde);
- a Bachelor's degree in Economy and Business Economy (Economie en Bedrijfseconomie) with the minor Computing and Information Science for Economy and Business Economy (Informatica en Informatiekunde voor Economie en Bedrijfseconomie).
In addition to this, the following students are admissible:
- Students with a Bachelor's degree in Information Sciences from another Dutch university;
- Students with a different degree, provided that the programme they followed is sufficiently similar to any of the above. In such cases you should always contact the student advisor Perry Groot; a transition programme may apply.
Further information can be found in the section on transition programmes.
Be aware that apart from a background in Computer Science, also some background in Business Administration is required, especially for courses in Aligning Business & IT track within the Master’s in Information Science.
Admission requirements for students with a diploma from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO)
Students with a degree of a University of Applied Sciences (HBO) in Computing Science or a related programme such as Information Science or Business Informatics can be admitted, provided that they successfully complete a pre-Master’s programme. The aim of the pre-Master’s is to eliminate deficiencies and to develop skills that are needed at the start of the Master's programme. It has a course load of maximum 30 EC and is customised in consultation with the student advisor Perry Groot.
Admission requirements for students with a foreign Bachelor’s degree
In addition to the requirements indicated above, international students must also provide evidence of proficiency in English*, a motivation letter, and references. Please see our Admissions page for further details.
If you have queries about whether your prior education will give admittance to this Master’s or a customised pre-Master’s, you can contact student advisor Perry Groot. For foreign students, when emailing, please already include your resume and certificates.
* Applicants are considered to be a native speaker of English if they are from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK, USA or South Africa.