Public transport strikes
The next few days there will be strikes in public transport, which may make it more difficult for you to get to the campus.
- On Friday 9 September NS (Dutch Railways) will go on strike (where exactly is still unclear).
- Tuesday 13 September (region East, South and North) NS (Dutch Railways) will go on strike.
- Thursday 15 September (Central region) NS (Dutch Railways) will be on strike. Because Utrecht is the biggest railway junction in the Netherlands, the impact of this strike can be significant.
- On Friday 16 September, there is another national strike day in regional transport.
For the most up-to-date situation, keep an eye on the messages in the 9292 travel planner on 9292.nl.
However, education on campus will continue as much as possible for all student groups.
For students who cannot come to the campus because of the public transport strike, the following applies:
- Compulsory attendance at work colleges/practicals does not apply on strike days.
- Please inform your lecturer in advance that you will be unable to attend the lecture.
If possible, the lecturer will provide a livestream (without interaction), recording/weblecture or other solution for the lecture.
If lecturers cannot come to the campus, they will inform the students via Brightspace whether and how the lecture will be delivered.
Despite this turbulent start of the academic year, we hope that you will be able to attend as many lectures on the campus in the coming week as possible. After all, your presence at the lectures is highly appreciated by your fellow students and lecturers.