Finishing your internship
The results of your internship have to be reported in a report and presented. Start writing your report as early as possible; easiest is to start with the introduction and subsequently material and method section. Your report should be written individually in one of the two formats: 1) a report-format or 2) an article-format that is commonly used for scientific papers in your field. In principle your report should contain:
- A summary;
- An introduction;
- A materials and methods section;
- A results section;
- A discussion section;
- A literature list.
Always discuss the format of your report with your supervisor. In principle you have to write a first version of the report and a revised (second) version. This second version is usually the final version of your report and needs to be uploaded to https://thesissubmission.science.ru.nl. (Please contact email@example.com if something went wrong with your upload).
At the end of your internship, you should present your findings in your research group. The supervisor should tell the student which format to use and should reflect your report.
For more (background) information regarding the report and presentation see: https://www.ru.nl/courseguides/science/bachelor/bachelor-biology-0/general-information/skills-guidelines-rubrics/.
Your report will be graded by your first and second assessor, and your presentation will be graded by your first assessor and optional your second assessor. Grading of your internship is done digitally using an online survey. Upon submission of your final report in thesissubmission, your first assessor will receive four mails within 24-48 hours:
- Mail of ‘Onderwijscentrum FNWI’ containing the student’s final report (PDF) and testimonial.
- Mail of ‘Onderwijscentrum FNWI’ containing a plagiarism check of the student’s final report.
- Mail of ‘Onderwijscentrum FNWI’ referring to a survey-link for the examiner to evaluate the students internship, report and presentation. containing a plagiarism check of the student’s final report.
- Mail of ‘Onderwijscentrum FNWI’ referring to a survey-link for the second reader to evaluate the students report and presentation (optional). The examiner will forward the correct online assessment forms to the second reader.
The grading form and test-link to online evaluation survey are also available in Forms.