Information for students from other faculties
The Faculty of Arts offers a number of minors. Students from outside the Faculty of Arts of Radboud University can choose courses from different minors and packages.
- Disciplinary package: Each Arts programme has its own minor (a.k.a. disciplinary package). This minor includes courses that are open to students from outside that programme. The disciplinary packages also include language courses in French, German and Spanish.
NEW: There is also a minor on Dutch Language, Culture and Communication for internationals. In this minor, you will delve into various aspects of Dutch language and culture. It also offers language proficiency courses in Dutch.
- Thematic minor: The Faculty of Arts offers multiple thematic minors, that focus on a current societal theme, for example Migration and Cultural Contacts, Multilingualism in Europe, European Culture and National Identities or Data and Society. The so-called 'fixed components' of these thematic minors (theme course, Academia and Society and think tank) areopen to all students. An overview of all thematic minors can be found here.
- Interdisciplinary package: Every minor also has an interdisciplinary package that consists of courses from the Faculty of Arts (and sometimes also from other faculties of Radboud University) that are all closely related to the theme of the minor in question.
If you follow the link, please click on the thematic minor you are interested in and scroll down to see the courses in the interdisciplinary package.
You can choose a number of courses from a thematic minor and/or (inter)disciplinary package yourself in order to achieve the desired number of credits you need for your minor.
- Not all courses are open to students from other faculties. Please check if the courses you want to take are open to students from other faculties.
- If a course is open to students from other faculties, please also check if you meet the entry requirements of the course.
- If you want to participate in a think tank, please be aware of the entry requirement (completed theme course).
- Some interdisciplinary packages also include courses from other faculties that are not open to students from other faculties in general. It cannot be guaranteed that students from outside the Faculty of Arts also have access to these courses.
- You will not receive a certificate.