The rules regarding minors
For students who started the first year of their Bachelor's programme before September 2018
If you started your Bachelor's programme before September 2018, you will take two minors (worth a total of 30 EC). The rules regarding minors are listed below:
- You can choose from two minors, each worth 15 EC, or one minor worth 30 EC from the selection in the minor guide.
- The choice of minors from the selection is entirely free, with the condition that you must meet any entry requirements at the minor or course level.
- With effect from academic year 2020-2021 you may choose two elective minors. An elective minor must be approved by the Examination Board.
- You can choose up to 15 EC of first-year courses when filling your minor space.
- A minor taken outside of the Faculty of Arts or the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology, and Religious Studies counts as an elective minor.
- Multiple minors taken abroad are permitted. These “study abroad minors” do not count as elective minors.
- When registering for a minor, you must register for both the minor and the individual courses within the minor. Registration for minors occurs simultaneously with the registration for courses (read more).
For the rules regarding minors for students who started the first year of their Bachelor's programme in 2018-2019 or later click here.