Specialisation in New Economic Geographies, Ecologies and Business Innovation
The world shows manifest differences in economic performances and wealth, and in the way cities and regions form part of national and global economic systems. New Economic Geographies, Ecologies and Business Innovation studies these differences and their consequences for places and communities.
Some suggestions for Elective courses (but others are possible)
You are free to choose courses provided that these add up to at least 12 EC and are taught at a Master’s level. The choice of courses should relate to your own interests and needs (notably for your Master Thesis Research) but also logically relate to the other courses taught in this specialisation.
You can choose courses from one of the other Human Geography Master Specialisations or select these from related Master’s programmes elsewhere. Examples are:
- Globalising Cities & Hinterlands (Geography)
- Geographies of Care: Spaces, subjectivities and solidarity (Geography)
- Urban and Cultural Geography (Geography)
- Land and Real Estate Markets: Smart Governance, Finance and Business Models (Spatial Planning)
- Institutional Perspectives on Societal Change and Spatial Dynamics (Spatial Planning)
- Tourism (Creative Industries)
- Trends economische geografie (Utrecht University)
- Ondernemerschap in de regio (Utrecht University)
- Multinationale ondernemingen (Utrecht University)
- or explore further options yourself