Specialisation in Urban and Regional Mobility
The specialisation prepares students for working on the nexus between mobility and spatial, water and environmental management.
The Master's thesis is a crucial part of your curriculum and consists of an individual research project in which you investigate a topic of your choice related to your specialisation. You should start thinking about a suitable topic for your thesis very early in the programme; we will help you make a thesis proposal in the course Advanced Research Methods. The goals of the Master's thesis are to mobilise and integrate the theoretical and empirical knowledge and methods from the preceding courses for use in your own research project.
You can choose electives from all Master’s courses offered by the department of Geography, Planning and Environment. Other Master’s courses are possible, but must be approved by the Examination Board.
Examples of elective courses
- Modelling for Stakeholder engagement 1 (with option to focus on mobility issues)
- Systems thinking for systemic change (with option to focus on mobility issues)
- Cities, Water and Climate Change
- Land and Real Estate Markets: Smart Governance, Finance and Business Models
- Sustainability and Societal Transformations
- Verdieping Recht en Instituties in de Ruimtelijke Planning (in Dutch)