Programme of Physical Chemistry
Please note that this master's programme is no longer available for new students. New master's students can start the new programme of Molecular Sciences.
Students in the master Chemistry should graduate August 31 2023 at the latest. Make sure to consult your student advisor.
For the Master of Science in Chemistry the complete 120 EC programme is:
A. a specialisation related major comprising:
- compulsory specialisation courses: 15 EC*
- specialisation related research internship chosen from the list 'departments for internships' elsewhere in this prospectus: 59 EC
These 59 EC include:
- NWI-MOL501A: practical work, master thesis, presentation (47-53 EC)
- NWI-MOL601: a literature thesis (6 EC)
- optional specialisation courses relevant to the internship (maximum 6 EC)
- scientific master courses: 12 EC. To be approved by the examination board. Courses from the Faculty of Science are by default approved.
B. a free minor programme: 24 EC
This minor programme may contain a second internship (NWI-MOL502A) and/or a package of courses in another discipline
*One of the compulsory specialisation courses may be interchanged with a course from the specialisation Chemistry for Life or the specialisation Molecular Chemistry.