- To graduate for the Bachelor’s and Master’s programme you are obliged to have a study programme that has been approved. Make sure to request approval well in advance. We urgently advise you to do so by 3 months before your (intended) graduation at the very latest. You can go to 'Request approval for programme' for the forms and more information.
In case there is a change in your study programme after your request for approval, please e-mail this to firstname.lastname@example.org .
N.B.: You will receive the judgment of the Exam Committee within 4 weeks.
Note: After your study programme has been approved by the Exam Committee, the Exam Office will make sure that the courses you have passed up until that moment will correctly be displayed in your study progress overview.
- It is important that you only request your graduation after all results have been processed in Osiris. You can request your exam up until the day of the exam date itself (an overview of all exam dates can be found here). Please note: you cannot request an exam date that lies before the date where you send in your request.
- PROCEDURE: To request graduation, please fill out the appropriate form that you can find via 'Graduating, diplomas and certificates' > 'Request graduation'. PAY ATTENTION! Enter all required information, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Proceed. You will then come to the next screen. Check the data you entered and click Send. If your application has been sent successfully, you will immediately receive a confirmation by e-mail.
(For master students only: more information about the speaker(s) who will be asked to attend your graduation can be found here.)
- The examination board will evaluate your request for graduation. If more information is required or any questions arise in relation to your request, you will be contacted.
If your request is approved, you will receive a message within 8 weeks after your exam date that confirms you have successfully graduated. Within approximately 3 weeks before the graduation ceremony you will receive an invitation for this, if you have indicated you would like to join this ceremony.
- More information concerning graduation and de-enrollment at the university: https://www.ru.nl/en/students/services/graduating-andor-deregistering/graduation and https://www.ru.nl/en/students/services/graduating-andor-deregistering/implications-of-deregistering-from-a-study-programme.
In case you have any further questions, you can contact the Student Information Point (STIP) (HG00.832):
Opening hours: Monday till Thursday 10:00-16:00; Friday 10:00-14:00