Structure of the master programme Information Sciences
The one-year master programme Information Sciences has been developed in close collaboration with the Faculty of Management. It contains the following components:
Mandatory courses (18 EC)
- NWI-IMK010 Systems Approaches to Information and Organizations (3 EC)
- NWI-IMK014 Judgment and Decision Making for Information Sciences (3 EC)
- NWI-I00152 Research Methods (mastercourse) (3 EC)
- NWI-IMI003 Philosophy and Ethics for Computing and Information Science (3 EC)
- NWI-IMI004 Software Development Entrepreneurship (6 EC) orNWI-IMC021 System Development Management (6 EC)
One of the following two course packages (18 EC)
- Security & Privacy
- Aligning Business and IT
Master Thesis (18 EC)
In your master's thesis, you show that you are able to analyse a problem in information science at master level and design a solution for this problem using scientific methods and techniques. It is possible to combine research for the master's project with an internship in a suitable company.
Free Electives (6 EC)
Courses can be chosen from the course catalogue of the Radboud University.
- Suggested courses in the field of Computing and Information Science include: or one of more of the courses mentioned as alternatives above when not used as part of the compulsory programme.
- Suggested courses in the field of Management include: or one of the courses mentioned as alternatives above when not used as part of the compulsory programme.
- Other course suggestions:
Electives should be approved by the Examining Board, and no overlap with other courses is allowed.