Programme of Science, Management and Innovation
In order to create a coherent programme contact your student advisor.
The specialisation Science, Management and Innovation contains the following programme specific components:
|B.||Master Seminar||3 EC|
|C.||Mathematical electives||22 EC|
|D.||Philosophy course||3 EC|
|E.||Professional Preparation for Math||2 EC|
|F.||Free electives||9 EC|
|G.||SMI specific programme||57 EC|
Overall, a maximum of 12 ec of third year bachelor's courses Mathematics is allowed, to be approved by the examination board.
A. Track (24 EC)
A coherent set of components (meaning either compulsory courses or electives) from one of the research specialisations, as referred to in this Prospectus. Also, consult the list of Mastermath courses for possibilities. In case you have questions or need help, contact your student advisor.
B. Master Seminar (3 EC)
C. Mathematical electives (22 EC)
Mathematical electives to be approved by the Examination Board.
D. Philosophy (3 EC)
One of the following courses should be completed:
- NWI-FFIL212 Philosophy of Water Management (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL215 Upgrading the Human? (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL216 Imagining the Anthropocene (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL217 Science and Arts (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL218 Science and Values (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL219 Philosophy of Neuroscience (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL220 Philosophy of Evidence and Expertise (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL302 Philosophy and Ethics in Microbiology (3EC)
- NWI-FFIL202A Evolution and the Mind (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL203B Bio-ethics for Life Scientists (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL209B Environmental Ethics (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL211B Physics and Philosophy (3 EC)
- NWI-FFIL300C Philosophy of Mathematical Practice (3 EC)
- NWI-EDU-WI001 Geschiedenis en filosofie van wiskunde (6 EC)
- Mastermath History and Philosophy of Mathematics (8 EC)
F. Free electives (9 EC)
Free electives are any courses, not necessarily within the field of Mathematics.