Procedure for registration of internships
The registration of your internship will go via Osiris Cases (Osiris Zaak). It is therefore not possible anymore to directly register for the course in Osiris.
- Start a Case in Osiris in the first week (of an internal internship) or some weeks before (an external internship). Instructions can be found here. (pdf, 364 kB) It is, in general, no problem to already start your internship before it is officially approved.
- Contact your supervisor (examiner)* as soon as possible and fill out the form. You will be asked to provide details such as the name and email address of your first and second supervisor (examiner)*, and to upload an internship proposal which describes the subject, criteria, and the time frame (min. 1/2 to max. 1 page). If you are doing a sustainable internship and want to apply for a Sustainability Testimony (only for Bachelor: more information can be found here) then you need to add a motivation form to the internship plan (see also Forms)
- Do your internship and write your report.
- Once you have completed your report, please upload the final version to http://thesissubmission.science.ru.nl.**
- Your first supervisor (examiner)* will receive the document by email. Once your first and second supervisors have assessed your report, they will hand in your grade to the administration. You can then look up your final grade in Osiris.
* The first supervisor of an internal and external internship is always an RU-examiner and has the final responsibility. The second supervisor/reviewer has to be an RU-approved examiner as well, also for external internships. He/she only evaluates the report and may be present at the oral presentation. In the case of an external internship with a daily supervisor (at the external company/university) who isn't an approved examiner, he/she discusses the internship with the first supervisor at the RU.
** When your internship and/or thesis is confidential, the content cannot be shared by other parties and therefore you must have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). When you need to upload the internship report/thesis, you can indicate whether your report/thesis is part of an NDA or not. If yes, your report/thesis is stored confidentially on the faculty servers and no plagiarism check is performed. When the company/university you are doing your internship/thesis at does not agree with storage on the faculty servers, a ‘Declaration of storage of thesis for Review committee’ must be uploaded instead of your report/thesis (this declaration can be found by your supervisor (examiner) under 'Forms' on Radboudnet). In this form, the company/university declares that the thesis/report will be stored for 5 years and will only be (confidentially) shared for possible review by the Examination Board.