Course International sales contracts
- Target group: Lawyers, company lawyers/legal counsels, legal professionals in financial services
- Level: Advanced
- Date and time: 17 November 2022, 3:00 PM - 6:15 PM
- Location: Online in the CPO digital learning environment
- Number: Max 35 participants
- Points: 3 PE points the Netherlands Bar and 3 HQ PE points
- Price: € 370,- including digital course material (VAT exempt)
- This course is part of the Altijd scherp-abonnement
- Tags: International, contract, sales, legal
Around 80-90 % of the international sales contracts are directly governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). With more than 90 contracting states almost all industrial countries – except the UK and Ireland – are members of the Convention. Despite the importance of the Convention the knowledge about it is often underdeveloped in practice and this unawareness can lead to serious legal implications both for the contracting parties and their legal advisors. This course is trying to make an end to this unawareness. Therefore, it will outline the most important features of the CISG, which means in the first place the sphere of applicability, the formation of contracts, and the right and obligations of the parties including the remedy system. In addition, tips for practitioners will be given to avoid some common mistakes (like a careless ‘opt-out’ of the CISG) and some hot topics with be discussed, as the impact of COVID-19 or war on international sales contracts.
This course is part of the Commercial Law programme.
Some of the topics covered:
- Legal thinking in an international contract context
- International contract drafting
- Formation of international (sales) contracts
- Right and obligations within an international (sales) contract scenario (including remedies)
Prof. dr. mr. André Janssen, professor of Private Law Radboud University
The CPO is a certified training institute. Our courses are recognised by the Netherlands Bar.
For € 1025,- extra you can follow unlimited courses for a year
Do you want to follow multiple courses? Then the Altijd scherp-abonnement is interesting: it allows you to follow unlimited education for 12 months for a fixed amount of € 1,395,-. So if you want to register for the above course, you can also choose to register for the subscription first. For an additional amount of € 1025,- you can not only follow this course, but choose unlimited courses and webinars from our extensive range for a year.
Tel: + 31 24 361 24 09