Course Alternative forms of security
- Target group: Lawyers, company lawyers/legal counsels, legal professionals in financial services
- Level: advanced
- Date and time: 19 January 2023, 3:00 PM - 6:15 PM
- Location: Online in the CPO digital learning environment
- Number: Max 35 participants
- PE credits: 3 PE points the Netherlands Bar and 3 HQ PE points
- Price: € 370,- including digital course material (VAT exempt)
- This course is part of the Altijd scherp-abonnement
- Tags: Contracts, negotiation, general terms
This course will focus on alternative forms of security. Alternative forms of security are those ways of getting security by a creditor that cannot be categorized as either security in rem (goederenrechtelijke zekerheid) or personal security (persoonlijke zekerheid). Alternative forms of security range from contractual subordination of claims, to negative and positive pledges and comfort letters or letters of intent. With these forms of security it is crucial to know how they can be a worthwhile addition to the existing security package and which (liability) risks exist when providing them. During the course we will take a deep dive into
- effective ways of drafting relevant forms of alternative security
- addressing liability issues
- dealing with litigation and bankruptcy risks.
This course is unique because it not only gives the participants an overview of the complex field of alternative forms of security, but it also enables the participants to learn how to spot pitfalls when drafting and/or interpreting a clause based on actual (court) cases and precedents.
This course is part of the Commercial Law programme.
Some of the topics covered:
- Which alternative forms of security exists
- How alternative forms of security can provide an effective addition to a security package
- Drafting tips and relevant case law for interpretation of existing agreements
- Liability and litigation risks connected with alternative forms of security
The CPO is a certified training institute. Our courses are recognised by the Netherlands Bar.
For € 1025,- extra you can follow unlimited courses for a year
Do you want to follow multiple courses? Then the Altijd scherp-abonnement is interesting: it allows you to follow unlimited education for 12 months for a fixed amount of € 1,395,-. So if you want to register for the above course, you can also choose to register for the subscription first. For an additional amount of € 1025,- you can not only follow this course, but choose unlimited courses and webinars from our extensive range for a year.
Tel: + 31 24 361 24 09