Course Reviewing a contract
- Target group: Lawyers, company lawyers/legal counsels, legal professionals in financial services
- Level: Advanced
- Date and time: 19 October 2023, 3:00 PM - 6:15 PM
- Location: Online in the CPO digital learning environment
- Number: Max 35 participants
- PE credits: 3 PE points the Netherlands Bar and 3 HQ PE points
- Price: € 370,- including digital course material (VAT exempt)
- This course is part of the Altijd scherp-abonnement
- Tags: Contract, review, termination
This session gives practical guidance for reviewing commercial contracts. During the session, the teacher will discuss a checklist for use when reviewing commercial contracts. Topics include: the relevance of recitals, disclaimers, force majeure, term and termination, late payment and dispute settlement clauses.
A common mistake contract drafters make is to insufficiently take into account the specifics of the business that the contract is supposed to cover. For example, the contractual termination date of distribution contract for fashion products should preferably be aligned with the selling seasons to ensure that termination takes place at a moment when it will not disrupt ongoing sales.
Participants will learn and receive guidance on how to take a practical approach to reviewing commercial contracts.
This course is part of the Commercial Law programme.
Some of the topics covered:
- Relevance of recitals, disclaimers, force majeure
- Term and termination
- Late payment
- Dispute settlement clausules
Mr. Marco Wallart, Judge in the appeal court Arnhem-Leeuwarden
The CPO is a certified training institute. Our courses are recognised by the Netherlands Bar.
For € 1,130 extra you can follow unlimited courses for a year
Do you want to follow multiple courses? Then the Altijd scherp-abonnement is interesting: it allows you to follow unlimited education for 12 months for a fixed amount of € 1,500. So if you want to register for the above course, you can also choose to register for the subscription first. For an additional amount of € 1,130 you can not only follow this course, but choose unlimited courses and webinars from our extensive range for a year.
Tel: + 31 24 361 24 09