Looking for work in Holland

Are you from a non-EU country and interested in staying in Holland to work after completing your studies here?  International (non-EU) students who complete a degree here have the right to apply for a so-called 'Orientation Year for Graduates Seeking Employment'. This is an immigration scheme aimed at retaining foreign talent in the Dutch labour market. No work permit is required during this orientation year.

After obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university or university of applied sciences in the Netherlands, non-European students can apply for a residence permit under the ‘Orientation Year for Graduates Seeking Employment' (Zoekjaar afgestudeerde) scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.

During your orientation year, you have free access to the Dutch labour market. This means that your employer does not need to apply for a work permit. When your orientation year is over, you will need to change your residence permit. Having completed the orientation year will enable you to apply for the 'Highly Skilled Migrants scheme' (Kennismigrantenregeling) under more favourable terms, as the salary requirement is lower than for other applicants.

For more information about the Orientation Year specifically and working in Holland in general, please visit the following websites:

-General information and the application procedure for the Orientation Year
-General information about career opportunities in Holland after your studies
-Additional information about what to do after your studies in Holland

Holland Alumni network