Radboud University

Admission requirements

Dutch educational qualifications

You may apply for the Bachelor's programme in Philosophy, Politics and Society if you have:

  • A pre-university diploma (VWO-diploma in Dutch).
  • A propaedeutics certificate from a university of applied sciences (HBO-propedeuse).

If you have obtained a VWO-diploma, you automatically meet the language requirements. If you have obtained a propaedeutics certificate of a university of applied sciences you will need to take a language test.

For questions about the Dutch admission requirements, please contact our recruitment officer.

International educational qualifications

If you have completed, or are about to complete, a study programme outside of the Netherlands, then your diploma will be assessed on an individual basis. Depending on your diploma, you may receive requests for further information during the application procedure. In the meantime, you can do the Radboud Eligibility Check by clicking the button below. The Eligibility Check will give you an indication as to whether or not you are eligible for admission.

English language requirements

To study PPS, you need to be proficient in English. To prove that your English is sufficient, you must have one of the following:

  • A Dutch VWO-diploma;
  • An International Baccalaureate Diploma (diploma programme)
  • European Baccalaureate Diploma, with English Language 2 or English Language 1
  • GCE A-Levels
  • A diploma equivalent to, or higher than the Dutch VWO diploma, with English as the only language of instruction, obtained at an institution in an EU/EEA member state, Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America.
  • One of the following diplomas, having passed English in the final examinations:
    • Austrian Reifezeugnis/Reifeprüfungszeugnis
    • Belgian Diploma van Secundair Onderwijs
    • Danish Studentereksamenbevis,
    • Finnish Ylioppilastutkintotodistus/Studenterexamenbevis
    • German Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife
    • Luxembourgish Diplôme de Fin d’Études Secondaires
    • Norwegian Vitnemal for Videregaende Skole
    • Swedish Slutbetyg fran Gymnasieskolan

All other applicants, including applicants who hold a Dutch HBO diploma (diploma of a university of applied sciences), must provide a proof of proficiency in English. To do so, you are required to take one of the following English language tests either in your own country or in the Netherlands:

General information about these language requirements can be found on the Bachelor's Language Requirements page. For any questions regarding international admission requirements, please contact the university's admission office at admissions@ru.nl.