Donders Institute - Turner Institute Exchange Trainee Programme
The Donders Institute and the Turner Institute (Monash University) are pleased to announce an internal call for proposals to support the exchange of PhD students and postdoctoral fellows (PDf) for collaborative research visits, to be performed during the duration of their training or employment.
The funding, secured primarily by the DI through the Erasmus+Programme, is intended to allow trainees to gain international research experience and extend their skillset, and to help establish new collaborative research programs between PIs at both institutes.
Visits can be funded in a period from now until July 2021.
Grants may be awarded up to €4650,- this includes the flight and a living allowance (maximum of €4650,- for a minimum stay of 18 days), following the guidelines of the Erasmus program. Longer visits are possible but require co-funding.
- Personal information, including contract duration and stage of training
- A statement outlining the overall objectives of the mobility, the research activities to be carried out during the visit and expected outcomes and impact. The statement should also include details on the added value of the mobility, for DI and Turner Institute, and for the applicant (max 2 pages, 12 points times new roman, line space 1.5)
- Start and end date of the intended visit.
- Rough estimation of the costs, including details of any other available sources of funding.
- Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages);
- Two letters of support of both the sending and hosting PIs with whom the collaboration will be established.
Only one application per trainee is allowed. Applications should be sent as a single pdf document containing all elements requested. The funding must be spent before 1 July 2021, and before the end of the trainee’s contract or graduate tenure. Following the completion of the exchange, successful applicants, working with the respective PIs at each institution, will provide a short report detailing research outcomes and future plans for the collaboration.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of members of Donders Institute and Turner Institute who will rank them in terms of research project, feasibility, research and training goals, motivation, CV, career development, novelty of the collaboration, and benefit for Donders Institute-Turner Institute partnership.
Send the full application to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Femke Maij (DI, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. dr. Jan Buitelaar (DI, email@example.com)
Prof. dr. Mark Bellgrove (Turner Institute, Mark.Bellgrove@monash.edu)