The PhD council is a group of PhD candidates from all parts of the Donders Institute. We represent the PhD candidates of the DI towards the board and management of the Radboud University and Radboudumc. Our goal is to to serve as support and contact for all PhD candidates:
- Facilitate the day-to-day life of PhD candidates - Providing information, assigning mentors (DCC/DCN), answering questions
- Listen and help with problems and concerns of PhD candidates - E.g. supervision quality, teaching amount, work-life balance
- Communicate with management directors, directors, PI's - E.g. strategy to finish PhD in time, organisation of meetings
- Organise PhD meetings - E.g. getting your teaching qualifications, stress management, travel reimbursement
- DCC & DCCN: facilitate distribution of PhD jobs - Teaching and non-teaching jobs
- Organise social events - E.g. Movie nights, drinks
Contact us at PhDCouncil@donders.ru.nl or just drop by!
PhD Information Events
The PhD council invites all PhD candidates to attend the PhD Information Events (PIE). During the PIE we will address subjects relevant to PhD candidates, e.g. how to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO), how to deal with stress and burnouts, and how to apply for reimbursements through BASS.
The PIE will take place bimonthly from 16:00 to 17:00.
Summaries of past PIEs can be found on the intranet.