The work will start at 8 am and last all day. The planned maintenance will, among other things, affect the Wi-Fi connection on campus and render EduVPN unavailable. As a result, it will not be possible to connect to the University’s network on campus or from home on Saturday 7 October. This also applies to SURFnet third-party and Hallo internet connections.
In addition to the internet connection, other key ICT systems will also be unavailable: the Radboud University website, Brightspace, Osiris, web lectures, printing facilities, all digital and physical University Library services, BASS, Teams and cloud services. You will also not be able to log in with your S, E or U number on a laptop or desktop computer. Also Office 365, including Outlook, will be unavailable on that day. This means that you will not be able to send emails using your @ru.nl email address and/or view received emails on that day because you will not be able to log in. Automatic replies will be sent but may be delayed in reaching the recipient.
What if I want to study or work?
On 7 October, you will only be able to study or work offline at Radboud University. You will also not be able to log in with your RU account at other locations where the Eduroam Wi-Fi network is offered. This means that you will not be able to connect to Eduroam from other educational institutions, for example.
You can, of course, study at home using your own internet connection, but you will not be able to use the University’s ICT services. It is therefore important that you download any files you need onto your computer or laptop in advance. Employees will not be able to work from home on 7 October, as it will not be possible to log in with a U number.
Facilities on campus
The ICT maintenance also affects several facilities on campus. Due to insufficient availability of essential systems, 7 October:
- The sports centre will be closed. The only things that will continue are already scheduled league matches of student sports associations.
- Study workstations are only available in the UB where work can only be done offline or on your own 4- or 5G hotspot.
- In the coffee corner of the UB it is only possible to pay via mobile pin (with simcard).
- Sportsbar The Yard is closed.
- Vending machines are not working.
- Campus cards with authorisation for specific access to buildings do work.
- The emergency number (024-3655555) can be contacted as usual.
Do you see any malfunctions or defects on 7 October that have nothing to do with an ICT facility? Then you can report them at a central reception desk or, if urgent, by telephone on 024-3633333.