Programme for the Academic Ceremony
The academic ceremony will start at 2.00 pm and end at 3.30 pm. Professor of Liturgical and Monastic Spirituality and National Theologian Thomas Quartier will be giving the Dies Lecture, which is titled: ‘Vocation: Opportunity and Choice for the University’. During the celebration, music will be provided by pop duo Clean Pete.
The programme will also include:
- Presentation of an Honorary Doctorate to Katalin Karikó, Senior Vice President of BioNTech SE, Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Szeged and Adjunct Professor at the University of Pennsylvania
- Honorary Doctor speech, made by Katalin Karikó
- Presentation of the Radboud University Medal
- Presentation of the Radboud Student Award
- Speech by Rector Magnificus Han van Krieken
All of the contributions will focus on ‘opportunities’, which is the theme for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Prior to the academic ceremony, the Eucharist, which will focus on the same theme of ‘opportunities’, will be held in the University Chaplaincy from 10.30 am to 11.30 am.
The Dies Natalis is a gathering for all staff and students. If you would you like to attend this celebration, we recommend that you register before 10 October. For this purpose, please use the link that was included in the invitation that you received by email.