Spread across eight departments and six research centers, students and researchers in the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies unravel the concepts, belief systems and theoretical assumptions behind major current social issues.
In 'Think Through', the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies developed a faculty policy plan discussing the focus points and ambitions for the upcoming years.
Faculty's Executive Board
The faculty's Executive Board guides and manages the faculty and decides the direction the faculty will go in. This happens under the guidance of the dean, in collaboration with the employee and student representation bodies.
- Prof. dr. Heleen Murre-van den Berg (dean)
- dr. ing. Léon de Bruin (vice-dean)
- dr. Annemarie Hinten-Nooijen (administrative director)
- Noortje Schonck (student assessor)
Contact faculty's executive board
You can contact the faculty's Executive Board via the management secretariat.
Within the faculty, there are numerous representational bodies in which both employees and students participate. These bodies and committees support the faculty board in strategy and policy development.
The Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies is comprised of an educational institute with eight departments, six research centers, and various supporting bodies.
- History of Philosophy
- Metaphysics and Philosophical Anthropology
- Philosophy of Mind and Language
- Ethics and Political Philosophy
- Textual, Historical and Systematic Studies of Judaism and Christianity
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Islam, Politics and Society
- Empirical and Practical Religious Studies
- Center for Contemporary European Philosophy (CCEP)
- Center for the History of Philosophy and Science (CHPS)
- Center for Textual, Historical, and Systematic Studies of Judaism and Christianity (CTHS)
- Center for Religion and Contemporary Society (CRCS)
- Center for Cognition, Culture, and Language (CCCL)
- Radboud Center for Philosophy and Society (RCPS)
Download the organization chart for the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies here