About the Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science is a faculty at Radboud University in Nijmegen. The Faculty's mission is to push the boundaries of scientific knowledge through outstanding education and ground-breaking research.
Science with impact
The Faculty of Science strives to push the boundaries of scientific knowledge. This means cutting-edge research and outstanding education. In doing so, we take our responsibility as a key actor in helping to find solutions for major societal and scientific challenges.
The Faculty Board is responsible for governing and managing the faculty with regard to the quality of our education and research. The board determines the Education and Examination Regulations, as well as the general regulations for exercising science and carrying out education. The board also appoints the permanent scientific staff, divides the available resources, and also establishes the budgets of the institutes.
- Prof. Sijbrand de Jong (Dean)
- Prof. Dr. Tom Heskes (Vice Dean of Research) from 1 September 2023
- Prof. Nicolo de Groot (Vice Dean of Education)
- Drs. Karen de Bruijn (Administrative Director)
- Dr. Jacqueline Hulst (Secretary)
- joost.vanderloo [at] ru.nl (Joost van der Loo) (Student Assessor)
Contact the Faculty Board through the Faculty Office or via personal assistants:
Dean: ellen.top [at] ru.nl (Ellen Top)
Vice Dean of Research: Nicole Messink from 1 September 2023
Vice Dean of Education: hep [at] ru.nl (Gertie Verberk-van Haren)
Administrative Director: Jolanda Lieskamp-de Ruijter
Secretary: hanneke.klerkx [at] ru.nl (Hanneke Klerkx)
The board is supported in their decision-making by various committees and participational bodies. Participational bodies of the faculty consist of: the Representative Council and the Faculty Student Council. Together, they form the Faculty Joint Assembly and they represent the interests of staff and students and contribute to general and strategic policy. Also, there is participation per study programme in the form of programme committees and institute assessors.
The Faculty of Science consists of educational institutes, research institutes, some special units and supporting services.
- Institute for Biosciences
- Institute for Computing Science and Information Science
- Institute for Molecular Sciences
- Institute for Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy
- Donders Centre for Neuroscience (DCN)
- Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (ICIS)
- Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP)
- Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM)
- Radboud Institute for Biological and Environmental Sciences (RIBES)
- Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS)
- FELIX Laboratory (FELIX)
- High Field Magnet Laboratory (HFML)
- Institute for Science Education (ISE)
- Institute for Science in Society (ISiS)
- Computing and Communications (C&CZ)
- Faculty Office
- Finance and Control (F&C)
- General Instrumentation (GI)
- Housing & Logistics (IHZ)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Marketing & Communications (M&C)
- Education Centre (OWC)
- Radboud Innovation Science (RIS)
- TechnoCentre (TeCe)
- Science Education Hub
Gender & Diversity
The faculty is convinced that diverse teams achieve better, and that the diversity of our students and staff contributes to the quality of our academic community. Our Gender and Diversity committee (GenDi) strives to make the faculty a good place for everyone where diverse talents are welcome and appreciated. It does so by evaluating and improving (gender) equality and diversity in the faculty, advising the Faculty Board and organising awareness events. The committee consists of the members below.
Questions or suggestions? Please get in touch with the GenDi-committee.
The Huygens Building is the main building of the Faculty of Science.