The Van der Heijden Institute is concerned with the way in which corporations are formed, and how they operate and collaborate under private law. The institute focuses on a number of themes, such as corporate governance, corporate litigation and transparency, financial accountability and reporting.
Van der Heijden Institute
The management of the Van der Heijden Institute is comprised of the academic board and the advisory board.
The academic bopard of the Van der Heijden Institute and the editing of the series are in the hands of:
- prof. mr. C.D.J. Bulten (chair);
- prof. mr. G. van Solinge;
- prof. mr. M. van Olffen;
- prof. mr. M.P. Nieuwe Weme;
- prof. mr. J.B.S. Hijink.
The Advisory Board consists of the following members:
- Huub Willems - Professor at the University of Groningen and former President of the Netherlands Enterprise Court;
- Kitty Lieverse - Professor of Financial Regulatory Law and partner at Loyens & Loeff Amsterdam;
- Marnix van Ginneken - Professor of International Corporate Governance at Erasmus Rotterdam, member of the Board of Directors (Chief Legal Officer) at Philips NV;
- Hans de Wulf - Professor of Company Law at Ghent University (Belgium)
- Tjalling Tiemstra - Member of the Supervisory Board of ABN AMRO NV, board member of the Netherlands Enterprise Court.
- Pauline van der Meer Mohr - positions include: Former Chair of the Monitoring Committee of the Corporate Governance Code, Supervisory Board Member of both the NN Group and Ahold Delhaize and Chair of the Supervisory Board of ASM International.
- Gijs Makkink - Justice of the Supreme Court.
The Van der Heijden Institute, which was founded in 1966 by Prof. W.C.L. van der Grinten and Prof. J.M.M. Maeijer, was established as a study centre for the law of legal entities and company law. In accordance with a tradition that was originally established in Nijmegen by Prof. E.J.J. van der Heijden, the institute aims to fully contribute to the development and deepening of these aspects of private law.
The key research areas within the Van der Heijden Institute are:
- Corporate governance
- Corporate litigation
- Financial reporting, transparency and auditing
- Group company law
- Impact of financial law and its infiltration into company law
The Van der Heijden Institute is part of the Radboud University Faculty of Law’s Radboud Business Law Institute (OO&R).
The Van der Heijden Institute Series
The Van der Heijden Institute Series contains monographs, PhD theses, conference proceedings and research results on the practical effects of regulations on the law of legal entities and company law, tax law on companies and securities law. This series also includes publications by the Dutch Association for Securities Law and Writings, by virtue of the Dutch Corporate Litigation Association. The series is published by Kluwer.
No content available