Admission and application
Admission periodPlease select your nationality and previous education to view the admission periods.
Radboud University has set a fixed number (numerus fixus) of 220 students for the Bachelor's programme in Biology. In case more prospective students apply, a selection and placement process will be carried out. Make sure to carefully consider the Regulations on Selection and Placement. Please check this page regularly for any new information for the selection procedure.
Application and selection
Students who wish to be admitted to the Bachelor's programme in Biology for the academic year 2024-2025 may apply under the following conditions:
- You should register at Studielink between 1 October 2023 and 15 January 2024 at the latest.
- Students with an international diploma need to upload all required documents in Osiris Application.
- You should participate in the selection process. Shortly after 15 January 2024 you will receive a step-by-step guide with all the necessary information.
- You have received a Proof of Placement from 15 April 2024 onwards.
- You should meet all admission requirements before 31 July 2024 (or request for a postponement until 31 August 2024 at the latest). Please note that non-EEA/EU students should meet all admission requirements before 1 June 2024 in view of their visa application.
- Do you want to submit a request to deviate from the rules of numerus fixus programmes? Then read about the possibilities.
Important dates for selection and placement
- 1 October: From this date you can submit your application in Studielink.
- 15 January: Studielink closes at 23.59 CET for all prospective students.
- 19 January: You receive a step-by-step guide about the selection process and the selection assignments.
- 1 March: Deadline to do the selection assignments.
- 15 April: Ranking numbers will be announced. You have 14 days to accept or reject your Proof of Placement.
- 1 June: Non-EEA/EU students should meet all admission requirements to start visa application.
- 31 July: All other students should meet all admission requirements.
- August-September: Orientation week and start of the programme.
The criteria for the selection process for Biology consist of:
- Score attained based on your pre-education report grades (25%)
- Score attained in the motivation assignment and thorough orientation on Biology programme at Radboud University (75%)
All selection candidates will receive the Step-by-step guide Selection Biology Radboud University shortly after 15 January. This guide contains all the necessary information regarding the selection procedure, the deadlines, the different selection assignments and how to prepare yourself.