Why study Psychology in Nijmegen?
How do we choose our friends and partners? Why is it so hard to resist temptations? Do violent video games cause aggression? What motivates us to study? Are we more than just our brains? How does culture shape language? Why do we behave the way we do? If these questions intrigue you, then Psychology is the right choice for you!
- A challenging research project every year: you decide on the topic you wish to explore and on how to conduct your research. This will allow you to become the independent professional that prospective employers are looking for.
- From the second year on, you may compose your personal learning path, which is designed to fit in with your interests and preferred professional field.
- During the third year, you’ll have the opportunity to complete part of your studies abroad. Are you already picturing yourself in Australia, Japan, or South Africa, for example?
- You are not treated like a number! In addition to lectures, you will attend weekly work groups and practicums in groups of twenty students. There is a relaxed atmosphere and informal collaboration between students and teachers. Furthermore, as a first-year student you will have your own teacher-mentor, who will guide you through the first year and who will be there for you to answer any questions you may have.
- Our research environment is unique. Radboud University is the place for leading research in the areas of Brain & Cognition, Development & Mental Health, and Behaviour & Environment. Psychology is an exciting discipline that is up-to-date and rapidly evolving!
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?