Something for you?
- We emphasise the importance of ethics and other social aspects of the profession.
- We offer a nice blend of technical skills that are always fuelled and supported by academic research and developments.
- This specialisation distinctly lays a good foundation for students desiring to become chartered accountants and controllers, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
After a general look at the most recent mainstream and heterodox economic theory, the Master’s specialisation in Accounting and Control totally immerses you in the world of governance, control and accounting. You will learn everything about the figures that make businesses operate. Apart from the important professional economic aspects this Master's specialisation also examines the social side of the profession in order to train you to be critical of a company’s financial processes as well as your own profession and to consider the consequences of the decisions you make.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our graduates are professionals in auditing, accounting and control, which makes them well suited for jobs such as:
- Chartered accountant / Certified public accountant (Dutch = registeraccountant)
- Chartered controller / Business controller (Dutch = registercontroller)
- Management consultant
- Financial advisor / Financial officer
A few examples to indicate the type of research topics in this specialisation:
- How is the governance structure of a publisher altered as a result of the changing relationship between business units and a shared service centre (SSC)?
- How different professional groups interpret the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) differently?
- What is the evidence of the performativity thesis from the perspective of accounting?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition